Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Two Chocolate Kisses, 2018



A while back, I received an email from someone letting me know that they enjoyed the painting and commentary I had sent out, and they thought I might enjoy this quote:
"We cannot fix experience by naming it. We cannot possess, understand, or demystify it with names. Experience is never what we imagine or expect. It is curious that there is so much hunger for permanence and security through fixity, since what is more fixed is less alive." ~Ted Seth Jacobs, Drawing with an Open Mind
The last time I painted this subject was in 2009. If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see a bunch of my paintings of chocolate or chocolate kisses. You might also like reading other quotes I have posted about over the years.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,