Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Chocolate Kiss, 2018



Related to my postings on mindful studio practice, I sometimes read renowned writer Maria Popova's work (my previous mentions here). In her piece about "Thoreau on the Hubris of Our Knowledge and the Transcendent Humility of Not-Knowing," she writes, "Thoreau’s chief concern is the hubris that knowledge breeds, to which conscious not-knowing offers a counterpoint of humility:

Thoreau: 'My desire for knowledge is intermittent, but my desire to bathe my head in atmospheres unknown to my feet is perennial and constant.'" [Source]

If you're interested, you might enjoy seeing more of my chocolate kiss paintings or more articles I've posted about over the years.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here. To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,