Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Pear Half and Concord Grapes


Click to view auction

This painting evolved as I was making my lunch. I was cutting up a ripe yellow pear to put in my salad, and was struck by the color inside the pear and had to immediately paint it. (In looking at the painting now, I can't help but remember my Still Life with Fig and Concord Grapes painting from three years ago.) Anyway, I rarely eat what I paint, but as I was setting this up, I tasted a concord grape. Then I tried another. And then another. They were delicious and I will tell you that I am lucky I ended up with any grapes left to paint!

If you enjoy this painting, please leave your thoughts in a comment.

ENDING SOON!
The auction for Still Life with Apple, Silver Cup, and Eucalyptus ends tonight at 10 PM EST.

Best,

If you'd like to see detail views of my paintings, sign in here for direct access (it's FREE):

View All Available Paintings
Visit Current Painting Auctions

FRAMED VIEW