Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Golden Series: Farm Garlic, Avocado, & Grape Tomatoes


Click to view auction

This is the ninth painting in my Golden Series. In August 2012, I began this ongoing series with this post:
"As the summer winds down, I'm working on a few series exploring "new-old" ideas. Blueberries, Plums, Fig, Peach, and Champagne Grapes is the first of a new series. Specifically, it introduces my Golden Series. If you recall in my recent Italy post, I mentioned being wowed again by the Dutch painters Rachel Ruysch, Caspar Netscher, and Abraham Mignon during my visit to the Uffizi in Florence. 
Maybe it's because I'm Dutch :), maybe it's because I myself tend more towards order... that I admire their eclectic and energetic mix of objects (a friend of mine recently said, "It's only physics. Nature gravitates towards chaos." I wonder?). What I find to be powerful in paintings such as those by the Dutch masters, however, is not only the fervor, but the balancing of the diversity of nature with the exquisiteness of human touch. 
In my own work, I tend to navigate more towards the subtle and exquisite. My Golden Series is grounded in this but foregrounds diversity, highlighting both dynamic and subtle relationships. I'm excited to continue this investigation."
If you're interested, you can view this painting #OnTheEasel here.

To purchase my work, view my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Enjoy,