Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Two Figs with Ubriacone al Prosecco Mitica on Marble (the light, the shade)


Two Figs with Ubriacone al Prosecco Mitica on Marble (the light, the shade), oil on linen on panel, 6"x7", Private Collection

the light, the shade
As I plan out my painting travels for 2015, I am hoping to include Italy in my travels. In honor, I was inspired to paint this still life on marble with a traditional Italian cheese in it.

This painting is part of my ongoing series "the light, the shade" that I began in December 2012. I wrote about Bob Lax and described my inspiration for this series here. Also, if you're interested, here's some information on Ubriaco al Prosecco Mitica (aka "drunken cheese") -- because of the process used to make it, the cheese's rind has remnants of grape leaves on it. I found it beautiful, and you can see it in the detail view below.

Since it relates to Italy and my travels and painting marble.... my #TBT (fan favorite paintings) is Clementine with Stem on Marble, which I completed while I was traveling in Perugia, Italy in 2009.

If you enjoy this painting, please share this painting using the links below or click to tweet it.

Best,

To receive detail views of my new paintings, sign in here (it's FREE): 

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Detail View:
If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.