Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Pear and Bumble Bee (+ reverence for living things)


Click to view auction

"I do have a great reverence for life, and living things, and I think that I can draw things with that reverence." ~Tomie dePaola

If you're interested, that quote is from this video interview with Tomie dePaola about his recent children's book, Quiet. Kerry Weber's review of the book reads: Quiet "serves as both a meditation and an invitation.... In Quiet there is more sage advice for children. As they walk through nature, the grandfather makes a suggestion to the grandchildren: 'Let’s not be so busy. Why don’t we sit here, you next to me?' The final image is the three figures sitting on a bench, looking in the same direction. The scene serves as a beautiful reminder of what it means to be present to one another..."

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see a bunch of my paintings of pears or bees.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.