Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Self-portrait in a Blue Vase and Eight Figs (+ re-post of Archival Materials issues)


Click to view auction

In September 2015, I shared a long post about archival and health issues for painters. If you're new to my blog or want to re-visit that, you can find it here. The health risks related to and archival nature of oil painting materials is something I get asked a lot about in workshops and my private painting mentoring/instruction sessions. All artists need to make decisions about what materials are right for us individually, so it's good to be as informed as possible about archival issues and health risks. I'll post more about paint and solvents later, but for now, I hope the post is helpful to you!

To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,