Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Avocado Half (+ Musings on a Painting Subject)

Click to view auction

First - thank you! I've really gotten a kick out of your positive response to my last post about the awesome 30-day online Raw Food course that I just completed.

Second - as I explained about my very new vegan raw food lifestyle, my relationship to my painting subjects has deepened and grown in ways that I did not know was possible. I'm not entirely sure if this is outwardly visible in my paintings yet (please let me know what you think by leaving a comment here) -- but it is profoundly visible to me in the work.

I'm humbled and a bit floored by it. I have painted avocados in the past, but with today's painting I felt like I was seeing an avocado "for the first time." Avocados are now a powerful and mutable staple in my raw food diet. As such, while painting I found myself meditating on the beauty of that phenomenon, and in that place I can now see and feel its power and mutability as a painting subject in a whole new way. I am starting to understand that this all has to do with many different levels of energy transfer, and I will write more on this as it comes up again.

Update on my Contest for FREE Private Painting Mentoring session ($450 value):
I am carefully going through the fifty wonderful applications that came in, and I'll post the winner ASAP. Thank you for your patience!

The auction for Still Life with Chestnuts, Handmade Cup, and Pomegranate ends tonight at 12:35 AM EDT. View Auction

If you're interested, you can also view all my Current Painting Auctions.

Happy Monday!

To receive detail views of my paintings, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Here's how this painting would look framed: