Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Zecchi's Ultramarine Blue Pigment (the light, the shade)


Zecchi's Ultramarine Blue Pigment (the light, the shade), 2017, oil on linen on panel, 6" x 5"

This week, I will be in Rome to travel and paint and study Baroque art. If you'd like to come along, join me on facebook or instagram.

I brought this pigment (and other pigments) back with me from Florence, Italy in 2008 (you can see a snapshot I took of the pigments at Zecchi's Art Store here). Also, this painting is part of my the light, the shade series that I began back in December 2012. I wrote about how Robert Lax was the inspiration for my "the light, the shade" series here. Generous support for my "the light, the shade" series from June 2016-June 2018 is provided by the Norman Johnston Fellowship at Arcadia University.

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see a bunch of my paintings of paint tubes or paint pigment.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,