Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Spring Onions (larger painting) (+ my parents' new children's book)


Spring Onions, 8 x 10 inches, oil on linen on panel
Available - framed
Contact me at abbeyryan@gmail.com for purchase information

I have mentioned in the past that Thomas Merton is my (middle) namesake. If you're interested, I am happy to share my parents' forthcoming book publication. They collaborated to create The ABCs of Thomas Merton: A Monk at the Heart of the World, which is due out in May 2017 (Paraclete Press). You can follow along a bit at their wonderful "ABC's of Thomas Merton" blog here. The book is for young readers (age 5-9), parents, grandparents, teachers... anyone who would enjoy learning about the major events in Thomas Merton’s life and the choices he made along the way to become the world’s most famous monk and hermit. I don't say it often enough -- but I'm very fortunate to have such talented, passionate, and inspiring parents. My mom, Elizabeth Ryan (the illustrator) is a painter with a degree from the Tyler School of Art. For over thirty years she has taught painting and shown her work in galleries throughout New Jersey. My dad, Gregory Ryan, is a founding member of the International Thomas Merton Society. He has published articles and book reviews in a number of Thomas Merton journals, and was an elementary school teacher for over forty years.

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see a few smaller Spring Onions paintings.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,