Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Pear and Silver Cup at Sunset (+ Spain Travels & Paintings)


Still Life with Pear and Silver Cup at Sunset
5 x 4 inches, oil on linen on panel, framed, 2013
Available
Email me for purchase information

I recently returned from Spain, and tomorrow I'll begin posting the paintings I did there. I spent most of my time in Barcelona and Montserrat. I'm sorting through photos, which I will post on Facebook soon. Join me there to see those.

To start, here is a photo of my first painting on my easel in Spain. If you can make it out in the photo, I'm painting a still life of a pair of sardines! I got them from Barcelona's Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, or 'La Boqueria' for short. One of Barcelona's most well-known landmarks, it's a large public market that was one of my all-time favorite places in Barcelona.

When I post the sardines painting and auction tomorrow, I'll also post photos of my adventures in La Boqueria, where I saw the fish and couldn't resist buying some to paint! The last time I painted fish was over ten years ago, but I enjoyed it so much that I may visit Philly's Reading Terminal Market soon to find more fish to paint...

If you're interested, view all my Available Paintings.

Enjoy,


To receive detail views of my paintings, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Here's how this painting looks in its frame: