Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

A Pair of Sardines, Barcelona, Spain (+ Spain travels and photos)


Click to view auction

As I mentioned yesterday, I recently returned from traveling and painting in Barcelona and Montserrat, Spain. Yesterday I also shared A Pair of Sardines, Barcelona, Spain on my easel. I got the sardines from Barcelona's Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria (La Boqueria), which was one of my favorite places in Barcelona.

After I came home from Spain, my dad reminded me of a photo of sardines that his friend, poet Bob Lax, took and sent to him. I dug it out of their amazing box of letters (which I shared about here), and this is it. On the back of the photo, Lax wrote to my dad: "a big day!" I assume it is his lunch!? [P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad!]

I began posting snapshots from my trip on facebook, so join me there. Among other things, tonight I added photos of A Pair of Sardines, Barcelona, Spain on my easel, my smelly adventures in La Boqueria, and a neat view of my silhouette (while painting) from the street below the flat in Barcelona. I'll add more photos tomorrow, but you can see my snapshots here.

I have three more Barcelona paintings, which I will continue posting tomorrow.

If you're interested, view all my Current Painting Auctions and Available Paintings.

Best,


To receive commentary about my painting travels in Spain, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Here's how this painting would look framed: