Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

White Peony in a Round Vase


Click to view auction

I'm back from maternity leave! The baby is doing amazing, and we are soaking up every single second. I won't be back to posting very often, but I did want to share peonies because peony season is so powerful and short and sweet. The last time I painted peonies was in 2022. If you're interested, see painting, life, and studio photos and follow me here. I also have some important news coming in one of my next couple of posts, so keep an eye out.

If you look closely, in the bowl you can see my self-portrait reflection. Here are a bunch of my paintings with self portrait reflections. If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see Still Life with Pink Peony Buds (2021), bougainvillea in a glass cup (the light / the shade) (2018), or a bunch of my paintings of peonies or flowers.

To donate to support my work & studio practice, click here. To donate or apply to my Mindful Studio Practice Scholarship, click here. To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.