Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Red Grapes and Bowl (with Self Portrait Reflection)

Sold

for you to see beauty here
does not mean
there is beauty in me
it means there is beauty rooted
so deep within you
you can't help but
see it everywhere
—Rupi Kaur, milk and honey (2014), photo of book page here

Related to my postings on mindful studio practice, I recommend the work of Rupi Kaur, who is a poet, artist, and performer. From her site: "As a 21-year-old university student Rupi wrote, illustrated and self-published her first poetry collection, milk and honey... [which] takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look."

If you look closely, in the bowl you can see my self-portrait reflection. Here are a bunch of my paintings with self portrait reflections

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see Still Life with Jug, Cicada, Grapes, and Hazelnuts (the light / the shade) (2018), greek bottle, hand-picked grapes and grape leaf (the light / the shade) (2017) [painting available; also AVAILABLE AS A PRINT], Concord Grapes with Idiazabal Etxegarai (Spanish Cheese) (2017), or a bunch of my paintings of grapes.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.