Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Cherries and Silver Creamer (with Self Portrait Reflection)

Sold

"Each human is a complex, contradictory story. Some stories within us have been unfolding for years, others are trembling with fresh life as they peek above the horizon. Each is a zigzag of emotional design and ancestral architecture. All the stories in the Earth's mind are connected." 
Joy Harjo, Conflict Resolution for Holy Beings: Poems (2017), photo of book page here

Related to my postings on mindful studio practice, I recommend the work of Joy Harjo, an internationally renowned performer and writer of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. She served three terms as the 23rd Poet Laureate of the United States from 2019-2022. Read more at her website.

If you look closely, in the silver creamer you can see my self-portrait reflection of sorts. Here are a bunch of my paintings with self portrait reflections


If you like instagram, follow me @abbeyryan8 to see more #mindfulstudiopractice poetry and photos I share, in addition to my paintings. On facebook, find me here.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.