Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Clear Skies Reflected in Bifocals Belonging to my great-grandmother, Elizabeth Ann Longstreet Parker (the light, the shade)


Clear Skies Reflected in Bifocals Belonging to my great-grandmother, Elizabeth Ann Longstreet Parker (the light, the shade)
4 x 6 inches, oil on linen on panel, 2016.

Today is Robert Lax's birthday (born: November 30, 1915, Olean, NY; died: September 26, 2000, Olean, NY).

This painting is part of my the light, the shade series that I began back in December 2012. I wrote about how Robert Lax was the inspiration for my "the light, the shade" series here. Generous support for my "the light, the shade" series from June 2016-June 2018 is provided by the Norman Johnston Fellowship at Arcadia University.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here. To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,