Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Whiskey Cup (present moment)



As part of my "present moment" series of paintings, this is a whiskey cup made by ceramicist Chris Gustin (South Dartmouth, Massachusetts) which shows the Gustin's signature "dimple." I painted this cup once before, focusing on a view of the reverse side of it.

This painting also continues my "Paintings of Handmade Pottery" project, which I began back in 2008. If you're interested, #potsinaction is a great project started by Ayumi Horie in 2005.

P.S. Here's Chris Gustin's Facebook page. I purchased this cup from Sherrie Gallerie during the 2010 NCECA Conference in Philadelphia.

To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,