Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Golden Series: Delft Vase, Blackberries, & Sour Cherry (+ still life "gifts")


Golden Series: Delft Vase, Blackberries, and Sour Cherry (the light, the shade)
4 x 5 inches, oil on linen on panel, framed, 2015
Available
Email me for purchase information

For the new work in my current solo exhibition at Gleason Fine Art, it was my intention in every painting to include a still life object that was given to me as a gift. My mom (who is of Dutch descent) recently gave me the beautiful Delft vase in today's painting.

And one of my best friends gave me the sour cherry -- she only gave me this one cherry because A) she said she knew I would just love the leaf and B) she ate the rest.

This is the tenth painting in my Golden Series. Also, it's a little hard to see the hidden blackberry behind the cherry, but this painting is also part of my ongoing series "the light, the shade" that I began in December 2012. I wrote about Bob Lax and described my inspiration for the series here.

To purchase my work, view my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.