Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Pomegranate with Tenmoku Bottle (the light / the shade)


Click to view auction

I've been painting this bottle since before 2009 and the last time I painted it was in November 2020. (The last time I painted a pomegranate was also in 2020.) This bottle is handmade with tenmoku glaze by Sequoia Miller. #potsinaction #paintingsofhandmadepottery 

If you're interested, you can also see other paintings from my the light / the shade series. You can also read more about abbey ryan: the light / the shade (2018 exhibition).

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see Still Life with Figs, Bleu Cheese, and Tenmoku Bottle (11x14"), Still Life with Peeled Lemon and Tenmoku Bottle (which was published in O, The Oprah Magazine in 2011 here), Pomegranate with Tenmoku Bottle (2017), or a bunch of my paintings of this tenmoku-glazed bottle or pomegranates.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.