Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Time-lapse Video: Still Life with Hand-picked Apple, Bleu Cheese, and Silver Cup (Live Demo Painting)


Still Life with Hand-picked Apple, Bleu Cheese, and Silver Cup (Live Demo Painting)
6x8 inches, oil on linen on panel, 10 April 2020, larger than my typical auction paintings.
Click to view auction

I hope you enjoy seeing the 3-minute time-lapse video of my live painting demo (view it here). Please leave comments if you are so inclined. By the way, I have been getting so many requests to do more live painting demos, so I am thinking it over...

Thank you for continuing to send such wonderful email notes and comments to me. It's such an honor and privilege to be able to share my work.

If you're interested, here are a few more notes I received from those who tuned in:
  • "It was quite the experience watching you paint. I jumped on around halfway through the demo. I thought, 'damn, that's a good painting'! From there on, I cringed a lot during the demo, thinking, 'No, leave it alone.' After awhile, I realized that you were a brave soul and how much experience and courage it takes to see a painting through to completion. I tend to stop when it looks good and you showed me an example of pushing through to the next level. Wonderful experience."
  • "My kids and I were completely fascinated, Abbey! The three of us painted while we watched and even my little guy (6) kept at it for more than an hour. Also, you and Leigh have the most calming voices ever! Thank you!"
  • "Like an old master painting! Exquisite."
  • "I woke up to your beautiful painting and it made me a little weepy."

If you missed it: last week, I conducted my annual live painting demonstration in my studio (instead of Grey Towers Castle at Arcadia University). The event was open to the public and streamed live at arcadia.edu/abbeyryanlive (note: YouTube has temporarily blocked the video due to copyright issues with music that was playing in the background, but this will be resolved. In the meantime, you can watch it here). This painting (and my live demo) honors the memory of my friend, Jami. The painting is larger than my typical auction paintings and all proceeds from this auction will be donated to the Jami Rodriguez Memorial Scholarship at Arcadia. Read more.

I'll continue to post photos and video clips on Facebook and Instagram (check back because I'll be adding more). Also, if you look closely, there's a self portrait of sorts down the middle of the cup's reflections. I invite you to watch the full recording of my live demo, or you may also like to see more of my live demo painting time lapse videos.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

P.S. Where ever you are right now, I wish you and your loved ones good health and peace of mind. There are many people in need and so many helpers right now -- I want to say thank you to all public health workers and medical professionals. So grateful for your sacrifices and commitment.