Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Red Pear (+ Judy Chicago: “Reclaim! Reclaim! Reclaim!”)


Click to view auction

If you're interested, artist Judy Chicago is one of Time's 100 most influential people in 2018. Writer/director Jill Soloway authored the text about Judy Chicago, and here is an excerpt:

"When I finally saw the color pictures in the Chicago Tribune of the huge triangle table, I couldn’t believe that all of these tongues and pink and flowers and fronds had come out of a woman who looked like my mom. Her real name was Judith Sylvia Cohen, and she had taken our mothers’ unspoken appetites and invented a female gaze in art. “Reclaim! Reclaim! Reclaim!” she shouted as she pointed out how people had made art synonymous with genius and genius synonymous with men." [Keep reading].

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see a bunch of my paintings of pears.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Thanks in advance,