Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

"Squeezed to the edges"

"It’s one of the many points where we feel: work has taken over. Things I’d like to be properly engaged with – including: my sister, pondering what I’m doing with my life, nature, reading novels – have been squeezed to the edges...." [From The Book of Life's "How Not to Let Work Explode Your Life."]

As it relates to my Innernet course, I bookmarked that link a while ago and read it periodically. I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet, but if you're interested:

What is the Book of Life?
"The Book of Life redraws the sense of what a book is. Up to now, books have been the most ambitious way in which ideas are presented. But they have suffered from serious limitations: they’ve had only one author; they’ve usually be written over a relatively short period of time. And once they’ve been finished, they can’t be changed (even if the author gets a great new idea). They have also been largely restricted to words, images being too expensive and film impossible.

The Book of Life is being written by many people over a long time; it keeps changing and evolving. It is filled with images and films as well as texts. By floating online, it can grow a bit every day or so, as new things come along and it can be equally accessible all around the world, at any time, for free...." Keep reading: http://www.thebookoflife.org/how-not-to-let-work-explode-your-life/]

To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,