Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Bosc Pear (The Green Stripe - La Raie Verte)


Private Collection

The painting references Henri Matisse's The Green Stripe (La Raie Verte), also known as Portrait of Madame Matisse -- a famous portrait by Matisse of his wife, Amélie Noellie Matisse-Parayre. He painted it in 1905.

Last week when I posted Pomegranate in Last Light, I shared a bit about my new studio and the light it has in late afternoon and last light. I loved your email replies about this topic.

Since it relates to this conversation about daylight and last light, I wanted to share my favorite app on my phone: Sunset and Sunrise. I have only a few apps on my phone, but I like this one. It tells me exactly how long it is until sunset, as well as last light. It also includes the exact percentage that daylight is completed. I sometimes find it useful and fun when I am deciding what and when I want to paint.

If you'd like to purchase my work, you can view my Current Painting Auctions and then view All Available Paintings.

Ending Soon
Pomegranate in Last Light
Click to view auction