Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Pomegranate in Last Light

Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting
Click to view auction

In my new studio (photos coming soon), it's new for me to have natural north light and woods outside my windows. As I am adjusting, I am seeing the potential for deep exploration with the north light. I'm not sure what this means just yet, but I do know that the low light in the late afternoon & last light reminds me of some of my favorite paintings by Rembrandt.

Speaking of which, I was planning to spend time tomorrow with the Old Masters at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and then meet up with the folks at Vasari. I came down with a head cold yesterday, so it will happen next month instead. Thank you for your awesome email inquiries about my upcoming visit, and I will be sure to post about my adventures -- I'm fortunate to live so close to NYC.

Ending Soon - ends tonight at 9:30 PM EST
Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting
Click to view auction

Best,


View Current Painting Auctions 
View All Available Paintings

To receive stories about my painting adventures, join me here: 

Detail View: If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.

Framed View:
Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting