Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Afternoon View from Perugia, Italy (Italy 2012 painting #2)


6 x 4 in., oil on linen on panel
Click to view auction

This is my second painting from my trip to Italy last month. One morning, we took a bus from Florence to Perugia. Perugia is incredible, and it has an amazing panoramic view of deep space, the likes of which I've only seen in Italy. In this painting, I tried to capture a glimpse of the space and fleeting early afternoon light -- a most humbling experience. :)

The day before this painting, I spent the day at the Accademia and Uffizi, looking at (and drawing from) the David, as well as life-changing paintings by Piero, Durer, Bellini, Holbein, Titian, del Sarto, Vasari, Tintoretto, Velasquez, Goya, Chardin, Rembrandt, Rubens... and a whole bunch of Dutch painters that just blew me away. I'll share more about the Accademia and Uffizi in my next post. SIGN UP HERE to receive it.

Visit my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Here's what this painting would look like framed: