Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Blue and White Sake Cup (present moment)


Click to view auction

In springtime, the light in my studio is particularly fantastic. This is one of my favorite cups in my pottery collection, and I've painted it a few times over the years. Here's something related to my "present moment" series:
"If we have mindfulness and concentration, everything we see and hear in our daily life becomes a Dharma talk -- a falling leaf, a flower as it opens, a bird flying by, the sound of a bird calling. We say that it is the Dharmakaya, the Dharma body of the Buddha, which is always revealing the teaching of the Dharma. 
When we feel refreshed and attentive, we can be in touch with the Dharma body and hear the Dharma being taught from moment to moment. We shall see that it's not necessary to put a tape in our cassette player and press the button in order to hear the Dharma. We can hear the Dharma at any moment."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Present Moment, Wonderful Moment
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,