Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Red Grapes and Danish Bleu


Still Life with Red Grapes and Danish Bleu, oil on linen on panel, 6 x 8 in., 2015
Private Collection

This is one of my two demo paintings from my Artists of Yardley workshop this past weekend. It was a fabulous, soulful group of twelve artists -- such wonderful people! It was an honor to work with each of them. I've gotten feedback about that workshop from a few participants, and although it is mostly for my own personal use to reflect on and improve on my teaching, I can share a bit of it:
"I found Abbey to be one of the most sharing and giving, as well as talented, of any instructor I've ever had."
-AF
"I loved how Abbey speaks about painting and the objects that we choose in mindfulness terms. So true -- just never thought about it that way. Abbey speaks beautifully and kindly to all, and I loved that. I also just enjoy being with a group of people who have the same interest that I do."
-SE
"The best part of the workshop was exposure to Abbey's process. I think Abbey is a very good communicator––whether discussing technique or philosophy of painting––I think she would bring value to anyone’s experience––novice or advanced.

"
-JK
I'll try to share more testimonial excerpts when I post my other demo painting from the workshop. If you're interested, take a look at more feedback about my workshops.

Ending Soon: at 10:30 PM EST

Click to view auction
(auction includes detail and framed views)

If you'd like to purchase my work, you can view my Current Painting Auctions.