Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Golden Series: Tangerine, Horse chestnuts, & Cranberries



I sometimes paint a self portrait of sorts in the reflections on my shiny still life objects, but this is the first time I've painted my hand in the process of painting, as it is reaching towards my canvas and closer to the object. Can you see it?

This is the fourth painting in my Golden Series, and I continue to think about the works by Dutch painters. Since I introduced the series in August 2012, I periodically make paintings that are part of what I refer to as my Golden Series, paying homage in my own way to such painters as Rachel Ruysch, Caspar Netscher, and Abraham Mignon (all of which I studied at the Uffizi in Florence).

If you haven't yet, please take this quick 3-question surveyI am getting tons of similar responses and would welcome your input also.

If you enjoy it, share this painting using the links below or use this little click to tweet.

Best,


P.S. If you'd like to purchase my work, you can view my Current Painting Auctions and then view All Available Paintings.