Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Throwback Thursday - Noticing Things video (+ a favorite studio item from Italy)

One of my most favorite items in my studio is my medium cup from Zecchi's in Florence, Italy. Because my medium is a homemade mix of oil and turp, over time the lid to the medium cup starts to stick and build up dried oil on it. This continues until I can't get the lid on anymore.

Then, three times a year or so, I spend a solid hour (or so) using an x-acto knife to carefully clean the lid and medium cup inside and out.

(Perhaps because I am a virgo) as you can maybe see in the photo to the right, I find this an enjoyable, meditative practice.

Throwback Thursday #TBT
In March 2012, I was mixing some painting medium for myself and I noticed something really amazing happening with the stand oil, so I recorded a short 30 second video of it.

Click here to watch the video, or click on the image below:



Hope you enjoy!

To receive my newest video offerings, sign in here (it's FREE): 

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings