Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Golden Series: Three Pears (Asian, Bosc, & Bartlett)


Click to view auction 

Thinking About Food (in honor of Earth Day)
Last June, I shared a bit about the significant impact that a raw food e-course had on me and my painting work. More specifically, starting on the raw vegan path made me feel like I had woken up to new pathways of creative energy within myself and deepened my relationship to my still life objects in ways that I did not expect or imagine.

Now almost a year later, this week I'm again looking forward to Viva Institute's e-course 30 Days Raw -- and this time I'll be taking it as a refresher. If you're at all curious about raw food, I will say that I personally think it's amazing ("raw-mazing") and life-changing. I highly recommend 30 Days Raw; if you approach it with a sense of wonder and curiosity, it is really a blast. For fun: in the picture above is my own homemade beet/carrot/chard juice (L) and carrot/chard juice (R).

Golden Series
Since I introduced the series in August 2012, I've been periodically making paintings that are part of what I refer to as my Golden Series. This is the second Golden Series painting I've done lately, although I am often thinking about the works by Dutch painters Rachel Ruysch, Caspar Netscher, and Abraham Mignon (all of which I studied at the Uffizi in Florence).

If you're interested, view all my Current Painting Auctions and Available Paintings.

Happy Earth Day,

To receive enlarged detail views of my work, sign in here (it's FREE): 

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Detail Views:
If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.

Here's how this painting would look framed: