Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Summer Peach - series of three paintings

The series lined up together:



Summer Peach No. 1
4 x 3.5 in., oil on linen on panel
Private Collection


Summer Peach No. 2
4 x 3.5 in., oil on linen on panel
Private Collection


Summer Peach No. 3
4 x 3.5 in., oil on linen on panel
Private Collection

I always know it's summer because I'm painting peaches. Today I'm posting a series of three peach paintings. The series isn't a triptych per se, but I did plan ahead to paint the series and I created each painting with the others in mind -- the placement and gesture of the peach each painting relates to the others.

I painted these at sunset on three consecutive days (if you recall, last July I painted three peaches in one painting also at sunset). Because of the direction my studio windows face and because my peak painting time is late afternoon/early evening, this time of year I'm often painting the sunset light. I don't mind at all. I hope you enjoy seeing these as much as I enjoyed painting (and eating!) them.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave any comments about these Peach paintings here.

I have another 'series' painting coming up soon, but that one consists of 4 paintings on one canvas. I'll do my best to post that before I leave for Cuba.

Ending Soon! The auction for Still Life with Camembert and Grapes ends at 10:30 PM EST. View auction.

Some Words about My Prints
Yesterday I released Three Cherries as a print in a limited edition of 3. As I wrote in my Why Make Art? blog post from earlier, they sold out today, and I won't be releasing any new prints for the time being. If you're thinking about getting a print, I've posted how many prints are left in each edition -- go here to see available prints. Once these sell out, I will be suspending my print sales. View all available prints here.

View All Available Paintings
Visit Current Painting Auctions

Here's what this painting series would look like framed: