Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Post-Artists of Yardley workshops & Photos

A couple weeks ago, I taught two full-day workshops at Artists of Yardley in Bucks County, Yardley, PA. I was fortunate to work with two of the most fantastic, talented, and committed groups of artists:

The wonderful group from the 1st day - June 4, 2011:


(Oops - we forgot to take a group picture on the front steps!)

The fabulous group from the 2nd day - June 5, 2011:




Photo credits: Susie Morrell

View more photos on Facebook

Here's what some folks had to say about the workshop:

"Great workshop yesterday! Thank you for the opportunity to find out I can do a painting in one sitting. It was a revelation!"

"I really enjoyed your class yesterday. I learned a lot and it was a very relaxed class, and I do forget to breathe. Thank you for the class and the Artists of Yardley. The farm is a beautiful setting to for painting, too."

"Thanks Abbey. A truly wonderful time -- great setting, great group and a magnificent instructor."

"Abbey, great workshop. Thanks for sharing your talent and love of painting."

The studio and gallery for Artists of Yardley is housed in the beautiful Janney House on the Patterson Farm. The farm had breathtaking views, and the Janney House provided wonderful studio space with natural light that reminded me a little bit of the Art Students League of New York.



Take a closer look at Artists of Yardley on their web site.

I'll be posting my two demo paintings from the workshops, and I'm looking forward to hopefully teaching again at Artists of Yardley. Last but not least, I want to send a special thank you to the wonderful and talented, Susie Morrell (AoY Workshop Coordinator). Thanks, Susie!

View more photos on Facebook