Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Scarlet Runner Beans and Glass Bottle (A Meditation on 13 Years)


Click to view auction

A Meditation for 13 Years
A Meditation on 13 Years

Today marks 13 years since I began making paintings for this blog. You can read some of my writings on this date in past years here. This blog has made my painting practice public, but for me, my daily paintings are intensely personal and my practice is a mindfulness meditation. Through my work, I hope to share with you a sense of awe and wonder I feel about beauty that is all around us in our daily lives. In a small way, I hope my work might awaken the same thing in you. P.S. These beans were another gift from my neighbors. #gifts #grateful

If you enjoy this painting, you may also like to see my other "anniversary" paintings or a bunch of my paintings of glass bottles.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.