Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Jug and Heirloom Tomatoes (with Self Portrait Reflection), larger painting (+ Peto Museum workshop)


Still Life with Jug and Heirloom Tomatoes (with Self Portrait Reflection)
Oil on linen on panel, 9x12 inches, 2017
$3500
Update: Sold

This October 14-15, I will be teaching a workshop at one of my favorite places: the John F. Peto Studio Museum. If you're not familiar, John Frederick Peto (1854-1907), born in Philadelphia, was a late nineteenth-century figure in the trompe l’oeil school of American still life painting. The Peto Museum is a renowned museum about 2 hours east of Philadelphia where I live and work.

My workshop next month at the Peto Museum is open for registration. The 1.5-day workshop will be held inside the Studio Museum on Saturday and Sunday, October 14-15. I'm especially honored that the museum allows me to use J.F. Peto's own original still life objects for my demo paintings.

Space is VERY limited, so I recommend that you sign up right away if you're interested. The Museum is located in Island Heights, NJ, and details are here. If you have any questions, please contact me or the Peto Museum directly at info@petomuseum.org.

To get my painting in your inbox, sign up here.
To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Best,