Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 33,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

02 April 2015

Still Life with Red Grapes and Danish Bleu


Still Life with Red Grapes and Danish Bleu, oil on linen on panel, 6 x 8 in., 2015
Private Collection

This is one of my two demo paintings from my Artists of Yardley workshop this past weekend. It was a fabulous, soulful group of twelve artists -- such wonderful people! It was an honor to work with each of them. I've gotten feedback about that workshop from a few participants, and although it is mostly for my own personal use to reflect on and improve on my teaching, I can share a bit of it:
"I found Abbey to be one of the most sharing and giving, as well as talented, of any instructor I've ever had."
-AF
"I loved how Abbey speaks about painting and the objects that we choose in mindfulness terms. So true -- just never thought about it that way. Abbey speaks beautifully and kindly to all, and I loved that. I also just enjoy being with a group of people who have the same interest that I do."
-SE
"The best part of the workshop was exposure to Abbey's process. I think Abbey is a very good communicator––whether discussing technique or philosophy of painting––I think she would bring value to anyone’s experience––novice or advanced.

"
-JK
I'll try to share more testimonial excerpts when I post my other demo painting from the workshop. If you're interested, take a look at more feedback about my workshops.

Ending Soon: at 10:30 PM EST

Click to view auction
(auction includes detail and framed views)

If you'd like to purchase my work, you can view my Current Painting Auctions and then view All Available Paintings.

Enjoy,