Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Fall Apple in Late Afternoon Light

Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting
Click to view auction

I've mentioned before that Vasari's alizarin crimson is the best there is. Since I used a lot of alizarin crimson in today's painting, it's a good time to share that Vasari launched their new website recently. Take a moment to check them out; they are an inspiration:
"Like the painter’s apprentice, we still carefully handcraft our colors in small amounts and even fill every tube by hand." [from Vasari's website]
I'm a huge fan of Vasari paints for their purity and handling and consistency, and later this month when I am in NYC I plan to visit their Chelsea showroom.

Happy Monday,


View Current Painting Auctions 
View All Available Paintings

To receive stories about my painting adventures, join me here: 

Detail View: If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.

Framed View:
Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting