Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 33,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

20 October 2014

Fall Apple in Late Afternoon Light

Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting
Click to view auction

I've mentioned before that Vasari's alizarin crimson is the best there is. Since I used a lot of alizarin crimson in today's painting, it's a good time to share that Vasari launched their new website recently. Take a moment to check them out; they are an inspiration:
"Like the painter’s apprentice, we still carefully handcraft our colors in small amounts and even fill every tube by hand." [from Vasari's website]
I'm a huge fan of Vasari paints for their purity and handling and consistency, and later this month when I am in NYC I plan to visit their Chelsea showroom.

Happy Monday,


View Current Painting Auctions 
View All Available Paintings

To receive stories about my painting adventures, join me here: 

Detail View: If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.

Framed View:
Abbey Ryan Original Oil painting