Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Blueberries in a Wabi Sabi Bowl with Mint (+ Tree of Life)


Private Collection

As part of my Paintings of Handmade Pottery project, the handmade bowl in this painting is from an amazing place - Patagonia, Arizona. The bowl is actually called a "wabi sabi bowl" and it's now one of my favorite pieces of pottery. I visited the Tree of Life in Patagonia in May, and am visiting there again this summer because it's so incredible and beautiful. I'll write more about the Tree of Life soon.

In the meantime, I want to re-post what I shared about "wabi sabi" back in April. I'm still reading Leonard Koren's book -- have you read it or heard of it? I'd love to hear your thoughts, so consider leaving me a comment here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Workshop News
I am thrilled to soon be announcing an upcoming workshop for fall 2013 at the John F. Peto Museum in Island Heights, NJ. Look for more details about that in the next week or so.

Ending Soon
Red Grapes in the Last Afternoon Light auction ends Monday, July 8 at 10:30 AM EDT. View Auction

If it's easier, click here to view all the auctions at once.

All my best,

To receive commentary about my painting travels, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings