Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Peeled Tangerine with Tea Bowl


5 x 6 in., oil on linen on panel


100% of this painting's proceeds will benefit Arcadia University’s Jami Rodriguez Memorial Scholarship, which is in memory of my friend and classmate.

I completed this daily oil painting today in front of a live audience in Grey Towers Castle at Arcadia University. The session was also streamed live online. I'm told that more than 500 people watched online over the course of the two hours (THANK YOU! to all of you who watched and also participated in what I hear was a lively discussion chat online), and about 100 people spent time watching in person, including alumni, faculty, staff, students, and my friends and family. I was also interviewed by Fox News after the Q&A session following my completion of the painting. To watch an archived version of today's event, click here (find it under the "Videos" link on that page --> high-speed internet connection recommended). Thanks, again, so much to everyone who came out for this wonderful event!