Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

View of Assisi, Italy - available


4 x 6 in., oil on linen on panel, 17 March 2009
Available
Email Abbey for purchase information

This is a view I painted of Assisi from Perugia, Italy. (Assisi is the triangular cluster at the far right). It was just about dusk and very cold and windy. I think I was inspired to paint this in part because I knew I'd be visiting Assisi for the first time the following day.

Having been there now, Assisi might be my new favorite place in Italy. I especially enjoyed visiting the Basilica of Saint Clare. And of course the Basilica of Saint Francis -- the experience of the Giotto frescoes there was particularly special because a university choir from Texas gave a short (impromptu) performance while we happened to be in the Upper Basilica.