Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Three Hand-Picked Apples with Leaves (+ exhibition and European travels)


Three Hand-Picked Apples with Leaves
oil on linen on panel, 2019, 8"x10"

I've been busy in the studio working on my show that opens this month at Mason Fine Art (an absolutely gorgeous gallery in Atlanta). If you're interested, I painted a group of new larger paintings for the show. Stay tuned to see those new works -- I'll be posting them starting this week.

To get my new paintings in your inbox, sign up here.

P.S. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram -- you'll know that last month I traveled to Europe for painting research in Brussels and Leuven (Belgium), The Hague (Netherlands), and Paris. I spent time at the Louvre in Paris, and the Mauritshuis in The Hague. The Louvre is home to 17th C. Flemish still life painting, Velázquez, Caravaggio, and Leonardo da Vinci. The Mauritshuis is home to some of the best Dutch paintings of the Golden Age. Their collection includes still lifes by Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin, Rembrandt's Self-portrait (1669), Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring (ca. 1665) and View of Delft (1660-61), Carel Fabritius's The Goldfinch (1654), and 17th C. Dutch still lifes by Pieter Claesz, William Claesz Heda, and Clara Peeters.