Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Wrapped Tangerine (+ 1889 McCloskey painting)



Since my truffles painting auction ends very soon, I thought I'd share that the official folks at Harry & David excitedly posted/tweeted about my truffles painting on their social media platforms. I thought one of their posts on Twitter was cute: "Meet the Truffles. This is their family portrait..."

   

Anyway, I always think of American painter William J. McCloskey (1859–1941) when I paint wrapped fruit. I was happy to see a McCloskey painting, Wrapped Oranges (1889), on view in the Philadelphia Museum of Art's recent still life exhibition that I mentioned in a previous post (and will write about again soon). If you're interested, some more McCloskey wrapped fruit paintings are herehere, and a quite stunning, yet sort of understated one here. Enjoy.

Ending soon - auction ends at ~10:30 AM EST today:

Click to view auction

To purchase my work, view my Current Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Happy Monday,