Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Cardinal Feather & Two Rainier Cherries on a Wood Block (+ "demystifying the process")


Cardinal Feather and Two Rainier Cherries on a Wood Block
7 x 6 inches, oil on linen on panel, 2015
Available framed or unframed
Email me for purchase information

Here is more feedback from another couple of my awesome repeat participants in my Sedona workshop:
"Abbey's workshop is excellent on several levels. Mostly it has to do with how she feels about teaching. By example, the demonstration is repeated 5 times, and it is clear that she is fluent in describing what she does, as she demos it, and simultaneously answers questions from the students. Next, as we all paint, she spends each day visiting ALL of the students, painting with us, commenting on composition, use of paint, making (great!!!) color suggestions. At the end of the workshop, I felt Abbey had given me valuable and usable information. I might also add, that the fellow artists who took this class were just wonderful people and I completely enjoyed the opportunity to meet them and paint with them.

The benefit of a good workshop is to go home and want to paint. I do that and feel like I am using my time well and feel very lucky to have this experience.

I would recommend Abbey's workshop to anyone who would like to spend serious time painting, anyone who would like to demystify the process, anyone who needs to take their painting to the next level.
Abbey's workshops are excellent." ~Jan Walker, jancastlewalker.com (don't miss checking out her work!)
and
"Abbey's individual instruction and comments allow me to see the areas in my painting that need the most work. I value and appreciate her constructive criticism. This was my third workshop, and I can honestly say that I learn new things with each workshop. It is amazing.
I'm a visual learner, so Abbey's incredible demos are my favorite facet of the workshop. 
I have attended several other workshops, but most use artificial lighting for still life work. Abbey was the first artist to recommend using only natural light, and it has made such a difference." 
~Darla McDowell, darlamcdowell.com (be sure to check out her work!)
To purchase my work, view my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Enjoy,