Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Fresh-picked Onions from Red Earth Farm (+ a question I often get asked)


Private Collection

I often get asked "how do you do it -- how do you keep painting so much?" I have several thoughts on this, so I might split it up into a few posts. One place to start is that I attribute some of my ability to keep up with and continue to find joy in my daily painting practice in the studio to primarily eating a live food diet. Being that I often paint fruits and vegetables, this pure connection to what I eat creates an overall sense of clear-mindedness, vitality and well-being for me that significantly impacts my painting practice in a positive way.

These beautiful fresh-picked onions came in my Red Earth Farm CSA bounty recently -- this year's spring onions were here later (and were bigger) than last year. Incidentally, when I painted Red Earth Farm's onions around this time two years ago, I also shared my thoughts about raw food and its impact on my work (read that post here).

To purchase my work, view my Current Painting Auctions and All Available Paintings.

Happy Monday,