Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Tangerine with Leaves


Click to view auction

I'm starting to get ready for my workshop in Sedona next week. After the workshop ends, I'll be traveling and painting in Arizona for a bit, so this painting won't ship until May 31st.

Because it's on my mind, I wanted to share with you this video from Marina Abramović's 2010 Museum of Modern Art (NY) retrospective. I saw this exhibition exactly three years ago today and it has stayed with me. I'm still thinking about it. I only recently found the video of Marina with Ulay, though, and it is pretty powerful. From the MoMA site:
For the exhibition Marina Abramović: The Artist Is Present, The Museum of Modern Art’s first performance retrospective, Abramović performed in the atrium every day the Museum was open between March 14 and May 31, 2010. Visitors were encouraged to sit silently across from the artist for a duration of their choosing, becoming participants in the artwork. Read more here.
The Desert Sage and Korean Bowl with Grapes auction ends tomorrow at 10 PM EST. View auction

Please leave me a comment about this painting (or Marina's piece :) here.

Best,

To receive detail views of my paintings, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Here's how this painting would look framed: