Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Sunset and the National Folk Museum of Korea, Seoul (South Korea 2013 painting #2)


Click to view auction

I had some computer issues last week in Sedona, so I wasn't able to actually post any more of my South Korea landscape paintings. I'm back on the East Coast now. I'll be posting new still life paintings soon, as well as some about my travels. If you're interested, I posted snapshots of my Arizona adventures here. More on that soon.

A bit about this painting: I spent some time in Seoul walking through Bukchon Hanok Village which is a traditional village located between Gyeongbok Palace, Changdeok Palace and Jongmyo Royal Shrine [info]. It's an amazing place, with views of Seoul's palaces and museums. I was particularly struck by the view of these backlit rooftops of the National Folk Museum [info] with the mountains and an unbelievably vibrant sunset over the mountains in the distance. Here's a shot earlier that day of a vista point in Bukchon Hanok Village:


More snapshots from my Korea travels are here.

Best,

To receive commentary about my painting travels, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Here's how this painting would look framed: