Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Moscato Grapes and Roquefort (+ Sedona thoughts)


Private Collection
(Below is a bonus Detail View of my "self portrait" reflection in this cup. 
If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.)

As requested, this week I'll finish posting a few more snippets of feedback from my recent Sedona Arts Center workshop participants. Here's two more:
"I loved the Sedona workshop and I loved learning from Abbey. She is a gifted teacher, and I made my living as a teacher, so I know! Watching Abbey paint was an inspiration I will always carry with me, and I treasured being able to see a fabulous painting emerge every day. As for my painting, I am going to explore oils again, explore still life and take more seriously the art of respecting the subject and materials in their time and place. It is the message I carried home.

Abbey's demonstrations are key. Seeing a painting develop and finish with commentary, and with a patient painter who encourages questions, is a privilege. Much can be learned by watching. It is also inspiring. Seeing someone paint makes me want to go home and paint like crazy.

Abbey's workshop has given me a re-boot. I have been doing the same thing for 3 years and I want to improve my 'painting' ability and composition building. Having demonstrations, fellow students and direct instructor feedback has helped me re-think my approach. I truly appreciated the other students as well. What a great group of people/painters.

Also, Sedona is a beautiful location and with nothing else to do but paint, learn, watch, and talk art -- it's one of the best uses of time I can think of.

Abbey is a remarkable painter and a gifted teacher."  
~J. Walker, jancastlewalker.com (check out her work!)
and
"Abbey's workshop was just great. I had many apprehensions about driving so far for a workshop. To tell the truth, it was going to be my last workshop if it had been a "dud" -- but it was far from a "dud"-- it was exciting and very worthwhile. I found Abbey's instruction explained her work so thoroughly that I was able to grasp what she was doing and apply it to how I paint. I cannot recommend many workshops, but I would definitely recommend Abbey's to anyone who is interested in painting still life from life. Every aspect was very enjoyable. Abbey is a wonderful person and a joy to learn from."  
~M. Hershberger, unocchiovecchiaccio.com (check out his work!)
If you're interested in working with me, feel free to visit my workshops page.

If you're interested, view all my Current Painting Auctions and Available Paintings.

All my best,

To receive my new paintings first, sign in here (it's FREE): 

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Detail View:
If you are interested in receiving detail views of my work, sign up.