Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Still Life with Lady Apples in a Cloisonné Butterfly Bowl


Still Life with Lady Apples in a Cloisonné Butterfly Bowl
8 x 10 in., oil on linen on panel, framed
Sold

Starting this weekend, a bunch of my new gallery paintings will be on view at Tree's Place on Cape Cod. They are quite a bit larger than my usual paintings, and I've spent the last 7 months working on them.

This first painting includes my grandmother's cloisonné butterfly bowl, which always brings me joy to paint. I'll post the other new paintings in the coming days, and in the meantime, wanted to share that while preparing for this exhibition, I've thought a lot about one of my favorite Thomas Merton quotes:
"Art enables us to find ourselves
And lose ourselves at the same time."
I love reading your comments, so if you'd like to comment on this quote or this painting, click here.

Visit my Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings