Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

Arizona Tomato with Stem (+ a must-see place called Ajo)


Click to view auction (24-hour auction)

This is my last painting from Sedona. I received another generous note that I wanted to share. It's from a workshop participant who is literally one of the funniest people I've ever met: 
"I have followed your work now for several years and never would have dreamed of the opportunity to paint with you. I learned so much, setting up your subject, doing what feels right for you, and most of all having patience. 
Abbey you are an excellent teacher, and I know it is your passion along with painting. I admire your knowledge and ability to see beyond what is in the picture. You have inspired me... I so enjoyed your class. A wonderful atmosphere with laughter and fun. What I took away from the week in Sedona was the inspiration to paint, learned everyone has their own style and the zest for life through their paintings. I could not have asked for a better way to spend time away from home."  ~A. Miller
After Sedona, I visited a magical place called Ajo, which is a former copper-mining town in the Sonoran Desert in southern Arizona. It's pronounced "AH-hoh" and I got a kick out of the fact that Ajo means "garlic" in Spanish. Anyway, not only are the people amazing in Ajo, but it has great local attractions, panoramic desert views (see right), and lots of wildlife (one night I found myself up close and personal with a herd of javelinas!).

Most importantly, Ajo's thriving cultural and artist community piqued my interest. There are so many great art venues there. One that I encourage you to check out is this artist community at The Curley School.

I plan to go back to Ajo very soon -- to paint, perhaps to do some sort of artist residency, or maybe even teach a painting workshop.

After Ajo, I visited another truly remarkable place. But I'll save that for tomorrow's post.

Ending Soon
The auction for Bosc Pear on a Wood Block ends tonight at 11pm EDT. View Auction
If it's easier, click here to view all the auctions at once.

Happy Monday,

To receive detail views of my paintings, sign in here (it's FREE):

View Current Painting Auctions
View All Available Paintings

Here's how this painting would look framed: