Stay up to date with Abbey Ryan. Sign up for email updates:
Join 34,000+ collectors, artists, & art lovers

August 2011 - Sedona Arts Center Workshop


I recently got back from my workshop at Sedona Arts Center, and it was absolutely fantastic. Not only was my group of students fabulous, and the Sedona Arts Center was wonderful, but I now (unabashedly) count myself as one of the many who are convinced that Sedona is one of the most beautiful places in the United States. (If you see my photos on Facebook, you'll know what I mean...) I had heard about Sedona in August, and now I get it -- summer is actually a great time to visit Sedona because the weather is warm but not nearly as hot as Phoenix, Scottsdale and the rest of the Valley of the Sun.

I can't say enough great things about Sedona Arts Center.
Their facilities, staff, gallery, and location: all amazing. My workshop group was great: inspiring, hard-working, talented, fun, and I had a blast working with them for five days. I'm already looking forward to going back to teach there again in January.

[Note: Keep an eye out this Monday for an exciting announcement regarding my January 9-13, 2012 workshop at Sedona Arts Center.]

If you're considering it, I can tell you what I've been told about Sedona in the winter -- that it is wonderful. No crowds and temperatures still hit relatively warm highs in the mid-50s and 60s with cool evenings perfect for sitting at a fireplace.

Anyway, here are a few snapshots of my fabulous students and some other painting shots. You can view more photos from the August 2011 workshop here.


Photos courtesy of artist and workshop participant, Phoebe Dylan.

Finally, here's just a few of the comments from workshop participants:
  • "A quick note to say thanks for the great class. You are a terrific teacher. Your students are lucky."
  • "You are a great teacher and a good person to boot! I really enjoyed your philosophy of art and feel I learned enormously from you. I am happy with my paintings and my progress..."
  • "I loved our time together. Really learned a lot and looking forward in applying it to my work. Kinda missing it too."
Reminder:
Keep an eye out this Monday for an announcement
regarding my January 9-13, 2012 workshop at Sedona Arts Center.